Associate or Principal Landscape Architect, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive basic, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Landscape Architecture
We are looking for talented landscape architects at Associate or Principal grade, to join our landscape team in Scotland. The successful candidate would work within an accomplished and well-structured team alongside some of the UK’s leading landscape experts with a commitment to quality and maintaining the highest professional standards; and on a varied workload including major development projects. The successful candidate will be expected to actively contribute to SLR’s portfolio of diverse and challenging projects.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and travel insurance and pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life
SLR’s Edinburgh office is located in an attractive building in Edinburgh Park and within easy walking distance of a range of facilities and located within ten minutes’ walk from the tram station which provides easy access to the city centre and wider travel networks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Landscape Discipline Manger the role would involve managing and delivering a varied project workload, whilst providing leadership and guidance to junior staff within the team.
We would also like you to help develop and expand the team’s expertise and workload and actively take part in business development, preparing fee tenders and securing new commissions for the team. This would also involve building cross discipline relationships within SLR as well as leading cross-functional teams.
You would be undertaking and managing a range of diverse and challenging projects including power sector LVIAs working alongside project managers and directors. We would expect you to be interested in being involved in landscape planning including master planning, public enquiry work and landscape and visual assessments.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Landscape Architecture Degree and/or Postgraduate diploma, and either holding or working towards Chartered status with demonstrable Landscape Planning experience within a consultancy, studio or similar commercial environment.
- An experienced professional who can demonstrate a successful track record in project and line management, good organisational skills and winning new work
- Experienced in LVIA and Landscape Masterplanning is required, and any experience as an Expert Witness or of high-end landscape and public realm design an advantage
- An ability to think strategically, conceptually and analytically while maintaining a focus on wide-ranging or long-term implications.
- An understanding of landscape planning methodologies and experience at drafting related reports (skills in both technical report writing and in the preparation of graphic material are required).
- An effective and confident communicator (both written and oral) to a broad audience, with the ability to work collaboratively.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job