Associate / Principal Consultant – Environmental Assessment & Management, Australia
Office Location: Darwin
Discipline team: Environmental Assessment & Management
Job DescriptionThe Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Environmental Consultant - either an Associate Consultant (with 8+ years’ experience) and/or a Principal Consultant (with 15+ years’ experience) - to join SLR’s Environmental Assessment & Management discipline in the Northern Territory.
We’re looking for individuals who enjoy working with an enthusiastic, committed and fun-loving team, are a good listeners, and enjoy solving project related challenges for clients.
You will be working very closely with the multidisciplinary consultants within our Darwin office and with the rest of the Environmental Assessment & Management consultants across our Asia Pacific Region to deliver quality Environmental services to our Northern Territory and National clients.
SLR is a leading international environmental consultancy with an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Australasia, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
The Darwin SLR team are enthusiastic, committed, fun loving individuals who consistently work hard together as a team to solve client issues for a number of industries. Along with the work hard ethic, there is also a play hard and have fun attitude which comes from the great team and relaxed environment. We have excellent flexible working conditions and we work with high calibre clients on engaging and interesting projects. As a piece of the wider SLR group, we work together, collaborate, share ideas and listen to each other regionally, nationally and globally.
Job tasks & Responsibilities
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders across the region and provide you with support for your technical growth within the wider SLR team. You will work with and provide integral support to the Darwin Office Manager and Environmental Assessment & Management Technical Discipline Manager to continually grow the office and develop our technical delivery skills within the Northern Territory across a range of sectors.
With a passion for Environmental Assessment & Management, you will work with like-minded individuals, whilst enjoying excellent career opportunities across a range of industry sectors. As a self-starter, you will be able to display confidence and high level project management, client management, proposal preparation and reporting.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidates will have:
- A professional qualification in environmental science or engineering or other relevant degree
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience (Associate Consultant) or 15+ years’ experience (Principal Consultant) at a professional level, ideally as a consultant
- Proven capability in environmental management and approvals in the land development, mining and oil and gas sectors.
- The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions
- A high level of commercial acumen and proven success in developing winning proposals and client relationships
- Strong reputation and relationships with NT environmental departments/regulators (i.e. NT EPA, DPIR, DIPL and DENR)
- Demonstrable experience in being a “trusted advisor” to clients across the NT
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven report writing skills, high computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and has the ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent driving history and hold a current driver's license
- Australia Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with industry renowned leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development.
For an opportunity to be considered for this role, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job