Associate Tailings Engineer - Geotechnics & Mine Waste Engineering, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Geotechnics & Mine Waste Engineering
Job DescriptionAbout us
SLR is a leading international environmental consultancy with an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Australasia, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
The Brisbane SLR team are enthusiastic, committed, fun loving individuals who consistently work hard together as a team to solve client issues for a number of industries. We have excellent flexible working conditions and we work with high calibre clients on engaging and interesting projects. As a piece of the wider SLR group, we work together, collaborate, share ideas and listen to each other regionally, nationally and globally.
Due to our continued growth and project pipeline, there is an opportunity for an Associate Tailings Engineer to join our Geotechnics and Mine Waste Engineering team in Brisbane. The role offers collaborative working with industry leading professionals across the global SLR community. The selected candidate will have an interest in tailings; a positive and enthusiastic approach to life and work; with a sense of adventure and eagerness to explore.
Whilst being an exceptional team player and having great technical capability, you will be joining an exciting team culture where collaboration is key. You will join a team where you will be part of some large and exciting local, national and international projects; while enjoying the lifestyle that Brisbane has to offer. This role offers significant long-term career rewards and opportunities for learning, expanding technical knowledge and career advancement.
Job tasks & Responsibilities
The position offers the opportunity to:
- Work on a wide range of projects which will include tailings and heap leach design projects from concept level through to detailed design, and operational reviews and audits
- Contribute to a diverse range of projects from inception to completion
- Undertake fieldwork, including the independent planning, supervision and reporting of site investigations and testing campaigns
- Undertake geotechnical analyses, including liquefaction assessments
- Undertake engineering judgement, interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement best practice to provide practical and commercial solutions
- Undertake inspection of construction works, evaluation of quality control and assurance and construction reporting
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals in a multi-disciplinary international consulting services company
Skills & Experience
You will bring with you a good level of confidence with a positive attitude to work collaboratively and deliver high quality work. Along with these characteristics you will also display:
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in the design of tailings and other mine waste facilities in a consultancy environment
- A degree in civil or geotechnical engineering or a related discipline (essential)
- Ideally you will also have a tertiary qualification in civil or geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrated capability in mine waste facility design, including the preparation of design reports, design drawings and technical specifications
- Have excellent report writing and communication and demonstrated experience delivering on time and on budget
- Must have an excellent attitude and be capable of working within a dynamic environment
- Well-developed creative and problem-solving skills and excellent technical ability and willingness to learn and develop
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with industry renowned leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development.
For an opportunity to be considered for this role, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job