Building Acoustic Consultants - Senior or Associate grade, UK
Office Location: Flexible – preferably London, Bristol, Newcastle, Manchester but other offices considered.
Working Hours: 37.5 per week. Core office hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday; however surveys will also take place outside of core hours and at weekends.
Salary: Negotiable - with excellent benefits
Discipline team: Acoustics
Reporting to: Technical Discipline/Line Manager
SLR has an established Acoustics team working UK-wide as a single team across several of its UK offices, and providing a range of Environmental and Buildings Acoustics consultancy projects across a range of sectors including minerals/waste, energy, built environment, environmental compliance and power.
Due to continued commercial success, SLR is looking to appoint a Building Acoustics consultant at Senior or Associate grade to join and expand capabilities within this specialism, either within an office with an existing Acoustics presence (Exeter, Nottingham or Edinburgh); or as “first-in” to expand the team’s presence into an existing SLR office without an Acoustics presence. Whilst London, Newcastle, Manchester or Bristol would be preferred, for the right individual we would consider hiring into any of our European offices.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing Buildings Acoustics projects, which currently include a range of schools related projects and residential and mixed use developments; you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow our portfolio of projects and clients and make a real contribution to the Acoustics team - and to help shape the continued growth of our European Acoustics team and business.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Applications are sought from building acoustic consultants with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong skills in the area of built environment and industry.
The role would suit current senior consultants looking for their next challenge and those wishing to advance their careers within a growing and successful business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate would have a great opportunity to both manage and deliver existing Buildings Acoustics projects, and to use their knowledge and contacts to help expand the team’s client and project portfolio. Senior or Associate level candidates would be expected to have knowledge of managing medium-sized projects, working as part of a design team and attending client meetings. They should be able to manage and develop client relationships and provide technical guidance for less experienced members of staff.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Managing projects and advising clients on building design relating to relevant acoustic requirements.
- Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work.
- Liaising with technical staff and project managers based in other UK offices.
- Seeking opportunities through business development and networking to expand Acoustic capabilities across the UK as well as cross-selling other services.
- If required, environmental Noise and vibration surveys throughout the UK.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Proven Building Acoustics Consultancy experience including project management, reporting, tendering/BD; and capable of setting up a new presence for our Acoustics team Bristol
- Strong building acoustic knowledge and skills
- MioA membership and a relevant degree level qualification
- Public enquiry experience would be advantageous, as would any CADNA knowledge and environmental acoustics experience.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.