Contaminated Land Consultant, Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bradford on Avon
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Land Quality & Remediation
SLR has a busy, well established Land Quality team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing commercial success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of Land Quality (Contaminated Land) consultants at Project level grade within its busy Bradford on Avon office (SLR grades run from Project to Senior, Associate, Principal and then Technical Director).
We are seeking applications from individuals who can demonstrate practical consultancy or similar commercially based experience of investigation and assessment of contaminated land post-graduation.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a team of contaminated land specialists, risk assessors and hydrogeologists. SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients.
We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of Phase 1 and 2 Contaminated Land/Land Quality assessments and site investigations; along with all associated factual and interpretative report writing and preparation.
Duties may involve:
• Organising site investigation/laboratory testing services in advance of field works;
• Developing health and safety plans to cover identified work tasks;
• Managing field work/laboratory programmes;
• Communicating back to colleagues regarding progress and interim technical summaries;
• Ability to spot indicators of contamination issues based on field observations;
• Ability to prepare technical reports, including initial data interpretation;
• Validation of remedial projects.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Geology or geoscience based degree level qualification (or higher) along with post-graduate experience of undertaking contaminated land site investigations, and associated factual/interpretive reporting
• Knowledge of BS5930
• Full driving license and able to obtain security vetting clearance to work on MOD sites
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job