Corporate Reception & Events, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Administration
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
Our Sydney office is on the move and has an opportunity for a dynamic and experienced individual to join the established national admin team. Using your previous experience in both administration and project coordination you will assist our Sydney Consultants to deliver comprehensive, professional and seamless administration and project support. Ideally you will have experience in organising and coordinating events, you are the face of the business so a positive and energetic attitude will see you succeed in this position!
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be starting in a new office which is relocating at the end of February 2020 in a beautiful spot at the sub base platypus building located in North Sydney; a short walk from the Milsons Point Station. Outside of bringing your fantastic self to work you will also be responsible for:
• Be the welcoming face of SLR to clients and guest arriving into the office and assisting them throughout their stay and having them feel at ease in a friendly and professional manner;
• Assisting clients and guests with what they may need on arrival or throughout their stay, including offering and making beverages, parking options and room booking;
• Organising and setting up catering for meetings/events (at the request of the meeting organiser only), liaising with clients and catering to meet requirements;
• Helping with running of client and industry events, including (as requested by primary internal organiser) assisting with organisation, set-up and commencement. Note that this may require occasional out of hours work for SLR hosted events;
• Managing incoming calls – transferring / handling to SLR staff;
• Organising courier bookings and distribution of mail and keeping to H&S guidelines;
• Ensuring all public areas throughout the office are presentable and clear throughout the day;
• Communicating with the broader Administration team when phone lines aren’t manned e.g. lunch breaks, meetings;
• Carrying out responsible and varied administrative duties, requiring familiarity with a range of word processing and data-based programs including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat;
• Complete work in a time efficient manner, meeting all reasonable deadlines, with accuracy and good presentation;
Skills and experience
You will need to have a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role with proven experience in these areas. Experience within consulting / professional services or an interest in an environmental solutions firm will be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Great organisational skills/multitasking abilities;
• Positive attitude with an energetic approach to tasks;
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal);
• Proven experience with administration and project coordination;
• Professional presentation and working within a professional environment;
• You may have come from a background in hospitality or retail with high level of confidence in communicating in person and over the phone with experience in wearing multiple hats.
Job benefits and perks
This is an exciting growth phase for SLR in the Sydney team with a new fit out and office location move to North Sydney, further expansion across technical discipline and working with an enthusiastic and driven team of professionals.
We really believe in providing an attractive salary package, supportive career progression and learning and development as well as the most important side being a great place to work (just check out some of the event photos staff post on LinkedIn).
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job