Ecologist or Senior Ecologist, Sheffield or Leeds, UK
Office Location: Sheffield
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Ecology
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Project or Senior grade ecologist to join our expanding team in Yorkshire, to be based in either Sheffield (preferred) or Leeds. Project Ecologists will be responsible for leading on field survey work and related ecological assessments. Senior Ecologists will add management of ecological projects, business development and mentoring more junior consultants to these field and reporting based activities
You will join a friendly team of ecologists in a multi-disciplinary office and will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting projects, both in Yorkshire and across the rest of the UK. There may also be opportunities to work on a variety of overseas projects. SLR also offers an individually-tailored training package using in-house and external training to complement the development of your career as an ecological consultant.
SLR Consulting is a leading independent multi-national environmental consultancy with offices throughout the UK and overseas. Our long-established UK Ecology Team (comprising 30+ permanent staff) is highly regarded, with an outstanding track record across many industry sectors including the built environment, minerals and waste, energy and infrastructure.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and travel insurance and pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
• Undertaking field surveys and report writing, including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments and other ecological studies;
Depending on experience we would also be looking for the right candidate to assist with the following:
• Managing/ overseeing a wide range of ecological projects;
• Preparation of fee proposals, building and maintaining client relationships and seeking opportunities to help develop our ecology business in the region; and
• Supervision/ mentoring of ecology staff and helping to drive the development and growth of the team.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent;
• Demonstrable technical expertise in ecology, specifically including habitat surveying/ botanical assessments, although experience working with protected species or other specialist groups (e.g. birds, invertebrates, etc) would also be welcomed;
• Excellent report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent communication and time management skills; and
• Full driving license.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job