Engineering Geologist, Australia
Office Location: Wollongong
Discipline team: Geotechnics & Mine Waste Engineering
About the business
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
About the role
Due to our continued growth and project pipeline, there is an opportunity for an Engineering Geologist to join our Geotechnics and Mine Waste Engineering team in Wollongong, NSW. The role offers collaborative working with industry leading professionals across the global SLR community. The selected candidate will have an interest in the mining and resources sector; a positive and enthusiastic approach to life and work; with a sense of adventure and eagerness to explore.
Whilst being an exceptional team player and having great technical capability, you will be joining an exciting team culture where collaboration is key. You will join a team where you will be part of some large and exciting local, national and international projects; while enjoying the lifestyle of the south coast.
This role offers significant long-term career rewards and opportunities for learning, expanding technical knowledge and career advancement.
The position offers the opportunity to:
- Develop your geological, technical and general engineering skills
- Work on a wide range of projects with experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, engineers, hydrogeologists and environmental scientists
- Contribute to a diverse range of projects from inception to completion
- Participate in the delivery of projects; ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard to meet client expectations and timelines.
- Undertake fieldwork, including the independent planning, supervision and reporting of site investigations.
- Undertake geotechnical analyses, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, pavements, landfills, dams, foundations, retaining walls and other structures.
- Undertake engineering judgement, interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement best practice to provide practical and commercial solutions
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals in a multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary international consulting services company.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering with completion of geotechnical electives and/or major as part of your university studies
- Minimum 2 years' experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology practice
- A post graduate qualification would be an advantage
- Good report writing with excellent communication skills
- Adept to working within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills
- A positive person with a proactive attitude
- Keen to get involved and learn from others including other disciplines, whilst also contributing to a vibrant team
This is an exciting growth phase for SLR in the Asia Pacific and south coast region. Wollongong provides exceptional work / life balance within beautiful beach and mountain setting; yet have easy access to Sydney and southern NSW.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job