Environmental Approvals Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Env & Social Impact Assessment
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
We have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced consultant to join our internationally recognised Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) team based in Brisbane. Articulate, motivated and reliable, you will have a minimum of 8 years' experience in consulting, government or industry.
The team provides a wide range of project management, environmental impact assessment, post-consent environmental management services and works alongside other specialist teams in SLR to deliver a complete environmental service to clients. The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development of the ESIA team and will assist in the growth of the discipline nationally. This role will be based in our Brisbane office and will include occasional travel to undertake field studies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing effective relationships with our clients and internal SLR team members
- Providing advice regarding best practice environmental planning and management principles to clients and internal SLR team members
- Working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver projects across a range of sectors
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and precise, high quality reports
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or Environmental Planning
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in environmental impact assessment and environmental approvals
- Demonstrated experience managing large multidisciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of Queensland environmental legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- Experience in the mining, infrastructure and/or oil/gas sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Excellent driving history and hold a current Driver's license
Job benefits and perks
At SLR we value our staff and look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, opportunities for regional travel, interaction with SLR staff globally and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job