Environmental Consultant - Mine Rehabilitation and Closure, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Env Management, Permitting & Compliance
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
Based in Brisbane, we have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced consultant to join our internationally recognized Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance (EMPC) team focusing on Mine Rehabilitation and Closure. Articulate, motivated and reliable, you will have between 5 to 10 years' experience in consulting, government or industry. Ideally, you will have experience in mine/industrial site closure, rehabilitation and closure planning plus experience with the use of Queensland Financial Assurance/Estimated Rehabilitation Cost and/or NSW Rehabilitation Closure Estimate tools.
The team provides a wide range of project management, environmental and closure risk assessment, post-consent environmental management services (auditing, compliance management, closure planning and bonding assessments), and works alongside other specialist teams in SLR to deliver a complete environmental service to clients. The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development of the SLR EMPC team and will assist in the growth of the discipline nationally. This role will be based in our Brisbane office and will include occasional travel to undertake field studies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies;
- Writing clear and precise high quality reports;
- Generating mine closure plans (Draft, Progressive and Final/Detailed), QLD Financial Assurance, QLD Estimated Rehabilitation Costs and NSW Rehabilitation Closure Estimates;
- Developing effective relationships with our internal and external clients and internal SLR team members;
- Providing advice regarding best practice Mine Rehabilitation and Closure planning and management principles to clients and internal SLR team members;
- Managing mine rehabilitation and closure projects including budgets, schedules, internal teams and subcontractors, and the quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget, schedule and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines; and
- Positioning and winning work and developing the service area and client base.
Skills and experience
- A degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or related field;
- Focus, drive, and motivation to improve environmental and closure planning, management and performance;
- 5-10 years' experience in environmental management and/or environmental impact assessment field or a similar role;
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia;
- Working knowledge of QLD and/or NSW environmental legislation and policies, standard and guidelines;
- Sound understanding of the rehabilitation and closure planning process and QLD Financial Assurance, Estimated Rehabilitation Cost and/or NSW Rehabilitation Cost Estimation assessment;
- Experience in QLD and/or NSW and Commonwealth environmental impact assessment and/or post-consent approvals;
- Experience in the resource industry highly regarded;
- A willingness to work remotely where required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent driving history and hold a current Driver's License.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job