GIS Technician / Analyst, Edinburgh or Manchester, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, life cover, travel insurance and more
Discipline team: CAD & GIS
SLR has a great opportunity for a GIS Technician/Analyst to join their busy CAD & GIS team in Edinburgh or Manchester. This role offers an opportunity to learn and develop as part of a busy and collaborative UK wide team. SLR’s GIS team provides expert support and advice both as part of multidisciplinary projects alongside colleagues from other disciplines, and on standalone GIS projects for a range of external clients across sectors including Built Environment, Industry, Infrastructure, Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas and Power. The successful candidate will receive expert on-the-job training from SLR’s talented team of GIS professionals, and will enjoy excellent prospects for progression based on performance.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a GIS Technician/Analyst your role will be to provide mapping and analysis support to the wide variety of Technical Disciplines within the Europe Region. The role will include:
• Creating maps/drawings for reports and Environmental Impact Assessments
• Capturing and analysing data from multiple sources
• Georeferencing and digitising of map data
• Conversion of AutoCAD data into GIS formats
• Preparing and analysing data within Microsoft Excel
• Working with the rest of the team to deliver projects to tight deadlines
• General team administration duties
• Contribution to the smooth operation of the GIS team through active participation in team resource calls and supervision systems
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to work as part of a team and build strong relationships
• Good organisational skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines
• Proficient in the use of ESRI ArcGIS
• Working knowledge of geodatabases and ESRI Model Builder or Python
• Conscientious worker with the ability to deliver to a consistent high standard with a keen eye for detail
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job