Graphics Technician - Landscape Architecture, Newcastle, UK
Office Location: Newcastle
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile/flexible working + family friendly policies
Discipline team: Landscape Architecture
SLR has an excellent opportunity for a Graphics Technician to join and work alongside our long-established Landscape Architecture team in Newcastle upon Tyne, providing support to the team both her and across the wider Landscape group based across our network of UK offices.
SLR’s Landscape group is both geographically and technically diverse, providing design, assessment and expert witness support across a broad range of sectors inc built environment, power, minerals and waste and infrastructure; and from offices including Nottingham, Shrewsbury, Bristol and Sheffield alongside Nottingham.
Work will be varied ranging from the production of high-quality graphics materials for consultation, to inputting into design development on a range of landscape projects.
The successful individual will need to be confident in working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, whilst at the same time be self-motivated to work independently on a range of projects.
We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and have a structured career framework and regular reviews to enable this; and we have family friendly policies and agile working aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package which includes BUPA membership, pension, business class travel insurance, death in service life cover and much more. SLR is a registered WISE member, and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will be varied, but will include:
• Assisting in the production of drawings and technical documentation using appropriate graphics software throughout the design process from inception through to delivery of projects.
• Assisting in the preparation of technical information to accompany statutory approvals.
• Contributing to project design development and inputting when necessary with assistance in the progression/development of designs.
• Integrating into the wider national Landscape Architecture team to foster a sense of self development and knowledge sharing.
• Providing assistance during site surveys which may involve overnight stays.
• When required, providing assistance the production of drawings/information for other disciplines including ecology etc.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
• Drive to produce high quality graphical material in the support of technical projects.
• Experience of working in a design/graphics role is preferable.
• Appreciation of good design, aesthetics and graphical presentation.
• Desire to become part of an expanding team with the drive to progress within SLR’s Career Framework.
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job