HAZMAT Technical Officer, Australia
Office Location: Townsville
Discipline team: Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and project-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
We currently have an opportunity available in our NATA accredited Townsville office for a Technical Officer to join our Hazmat team. Working alongside industry leaders in Hazardous Materials and Occupational Hygiene, ideally have a minimum of 6 months experience in working in a consulting role.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in identification of hazardous materials & conducting site surveys
- Asbestos fibre monitoring & fibre counting
- Conduct asbestos clearance inspections
- Assistance in preparation of Technical Reports
- Preparation of suspected asbestos samples
- Ensuring that analytical procedures and associated tasks are conducted in accordance with the NATA requirements and SLR Policies and Procedures
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in asbestos or the construction industry is preferable
- Hazmat industry experience
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and priorities work in order to meet deadlines
- You may be required to undergo pre-employment police and health checks.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
No agencies please
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job