HR Advisor, Worminghall (nr Oxford), UK
Office Location: Oxford
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, travel insurance + more
Discipline team: Human Resources
SLR is seeking to recruit a HR Advisor to join its busy Oxford office to provide generalist operational support to the team. Based in Worminghall, near Thame, the successful candidate will join a small but busy team of experienced professionals and will provide generalist support across SLR's European business of nearly 450 staff working across a diverse range of Environmental consultancy disciplines.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, travel insurance, enhanced pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the Senior Recruitment Advisor in various recruitment projects including liaising with Recruitment Agencies, advertising vacancies, arranging interviews, responding to applicants, maintaining the careers web page and managing junior level recruitment campaigns.
- Providing support in updating employment manuals, policies and procedures to ensure the continuous improvement of our HR systems and practices and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Conducting exit interviews for all employees who have tendered their resignation and providing feedback where necessary.
- Providing guidance to Line Managers and employees on HR policies, procedures and employment legislation to support tender applications.
- Assist with company training and development programmes, which include administering the company study assistance scheme and organising courses and materials as required.
- Preparation of monthly HR statistical reports relating to headcount, turnover, absenteeism, etc.
- Check the payroll data entry on a monthly basis and liaise with the payroll bureau to ensure all salaries are paid correctly and on time.
- Co-ordinate the probationary review process by providing support to Line Managers on conducting probationary review meetings.
Person Spec Summary:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant level of CIPD qualification (or working towards).
- A good knowledge of current relevant employment law, and knowledge/experience of interpreting, advising and implementing relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment and selection.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Willing to learn, challenge and share experience.
Applications and Enquiries:
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job