IT Security Manager, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Discipline team: IT
SLR has a great opportunity for an experienced IT Security Manager to join the group team in supporting the global business in the management and development of IT security across the business. SLR Consulting Ltd is a growing successful global employee-controlled consultancy with 1500 staff working across a range of Environmental and Engineering disciplines. Our busy IT team provide an invaluable range of internal support services to facilitate the smooth operation of staff activities on a day to day basis.
The role itself will suit an individual with strong all-round experience of IT support, positive self-motivated, and decisive with a good understanding of new and emerging threats with information security in both Cloud and on-premise environments. The successful candidate will be capable of working under their own initiative and setting their own workload targets with a willingness to work flexibly. You will be working as a member of a small specialist team, so you will have a key role in providing the company with a technical roadmap moving forward as well as the design of the projects you are working on.
Listed in The Times’ top 100 “One To watch” SLR’s “one team” culture is at the heart of all our business and provides a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, life and travel insurance, critic illness cover as well as pension contributions and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours of 10am-4pm, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifying information security risks relating to our products, cloud and support services
• Managing privacy, risk and personal data protection activities across the business, including GDPR compliance
• Security incident review for classified networks and solutions, effectively prioritise and escalate incidents, including virus alerts, and other threat intelligence
• Ensuring a strong security framework is in place through identification of key information security risks and vulnerabilities, carried out via risk assessments and building secure products by incorporating security within our software development life cycle processes
• Timely and effective processing of classified network security servicedesk requests within defined SLA's
• Review and participate in classified network security change control
• Validation of new technology solutions with regard to security and risk. Liaison with company experts and suppliers to ensure all vulnerabilities of new products/services are properly addressed using appropriate risk assessment technologies
• Analytically investigate problems and provide methodical steps to attempt resolution
• Coaching and mentoring of other team members, including the Service Desk
• Maintaining compliance through continuous training, periodic audits, external reviews and assessments, and carry out ongoing improvements
PERSON SPECIFICATION - ESSENTIAL:
• Knowledge and experience of information security and assurance. This will include experience of ISO 27001 and the UK Government's security requirements, including the Cyber Essentials scheme, JSP 440 and JSP 604.
• Proficient in performing Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessments as part of Cyber Security & Information Assurance Risk Management.
• IT background and understanding of potential IT and cyber threats to the organisation.
• A track record of developing and maintaining a security framework
• ideally you will be a Cyber Security Professional (CCP) certification, CISM, CRISC or CISSP.
• Proficient in conducting basic security testing and familiarity with tools e.g. Nessus, Ivanti, WireShark
• Azure Security, Office 365 (Security), Network Security and Windows Server Security
• Project Management
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job