Management Accountant, Worminghall (nr Oxford/Aylesbury/Thame), UK
Office Location: Oxford
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, life cover and much more
Discipline team: Accounts
SLR has an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join its existing team within Worminghall, to provide Management Accountancy services across its European operating company and specifically the UK business which comprises of over 400 Environmental, Engineering and Advisory Consultants working across a diverse range of sectors.
The Management Accountant produces the monthly accounts for the UK business and ensures the financial integrity of the account balances. The role involves significant interaction with the wider team and is a key member in ensuring success of the team members in achieving their objectives. The business is growing and processes are continually being reviewed and improved where appropriate. Over time, it is anticipated that the role will gain an increased focus on cost control and the reporting and interactions with the wider business that are necessary to achieve this.
All SLR staff enjoy a competitive salary complemented by comprehensive benefits including pension, life cover, travel insurance, healthcare and more. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be tasked with a range of duties, including:
• Responsible for creating the monthly management accounts for the UK operating business and the UK head office. Responsible for all relevant prepayments, accruals and analysis to deliver accurate and timely accounts.
• Management of fixed assets as well as all balance sheet account reconciliations. Review of costs to ensure spend is in line with expectations.
• Supporting the financial year end process including additional analysis for reporting and taxation. Preparing information for auditors and answering audit queries.
• Other reporting. Preparing periodic and ad-hoc reports both from the finance system and on Excel. These will support business requirements and finance checks to ensure data is up to date and accurate. This is expected to evolve into more focused analysis to ensure team spends and specific cost areas are well controlled and in line with budget. There is an initial focus on IT spend and the processes that influence this spend.
• Provide support in the checking of information and reports as the finance system is upgraded and developed and new reporting is created.
• Other accounting duties including the following. Supporting the Accounts team with accounting treatments for transactions and other accounting questions. Maintaining other items within the finance system such as employee transfers, accounting periods etc. Helping with the checking and processing of employee expenses. Other duties as required.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
• AAT qualified (or part qualified) with experience in a Finance team as a Management Accountant or similar.
• Flexible. Able to deal with a variety of tasks and the evolution of the role and responsibilities over time.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• A willingness to help.
• Comfortable with change and able to play a part in system and process improvements.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job