Principal Acoustic Consultant (Buildings), London, UK
Office Location: London
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, Agile working policy (flexible hours)
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
SLR’s European Acoustics team undertakes a diverse range of Environmental and Buildings related Acoustics and Vibration Consultancy across sectors including Built Environment, Industrial, Minerals, Energy, Education and Waste; working across several of its network of European offices including Bristol, Exeter, Nottingham, Stirling and London. To further strengthen its technical expertise and diversity within the South East of England, SLR is looking to appoint a specialist Building Acoustics consultant at Principal grade to join and expand capabilities within this specialism; complementing existing Environmental Noise and CFD capabilities in the team within the region.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing Buildings Acoustics projects, which currently include a range of schools related projects and residential and mixed use developments; you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow our portfolio of projects and clients within London and the south-east and make a real contribution to the Acoustics team - and to help shape the continued growth of our European Acoustics team and business.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Applications are sought from building acoustic consultants with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong skills in the area of built environment and industry.
The role would suit individuals whose commercial capabilities complement their technical expertise in Buildings Acoustics who are looking for their next challenge and for an opportunity to advance their careers within a growing and successful business.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate would have a great opportunity to both manage and deliver existing Buildings Acoustics projects, and to use their knowledge and contacts to help expand the team’s client and project portfolio. SLR’s grades run from Project to Senior, Associate, Principal and
Technical Director; and individuals joining at Principal grade will have a key responsibility for commercial activities as well as technical delivery of complex projects; and should be able to manage and develop client relationships and provide technical guidance for less experienced members of staff.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
• Managing projects and advising clients on building design relating to relevant acoustic requirements.
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work.
• Liaising with technical staff and project managers based in other UK offices.
• Seeking opportunities through business development and networking to expand Acoustic capabilities across the UK as well as cross-selling other services.
• If required environmental Noise and vibration surveys throughout the UK.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Proven Building Acoustics Consultancy experience including project management, reporting, tendering/BD; and capable of establishing a new area of technical expertise for the team within an office with existing Acoustics & Vibration team members
• Strong building acoustic knowledge and skills
• MioA membership and a relevant degree level qualification
• Public enquiry experience would be advantageous, as would any CADNA knowledge and environmental acoustics experience.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
Please use the "apply" button to complete an application on our online Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job