Principal Air Quality Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Melbourne
Discipline team: Air Quality
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
Our national Air Quality team is currently looking for a Principal Consultant to join our Melbourne office. You will work closely with a national team of consultants to assist with Air Quality monitoring and modelling projects.
This role would ideally suit someone with a minimum of 10 years' experience in air quality consulting. This is a great opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to develop their skills in an environmental consulting firm.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The successful applicant will work closely with the National Air Quality team to:
- Manage air quality projects, financially and technically, utilizing a variety of technical skills (modelling and monitoring) in Victoria, nationally and internationally as required.
- Engage with other members of the national Air Quality team to deliver the best technical and financial outcomes for our clients.
- Engage with internal and external clients to develop opportunities to maintain existing client relationships and grow Air Quality for SLR in Victoria and other states.
- Provide exceptional service to our clients.
Skills and experience
To do this effectively you'll have:
- University qualifications (Bachelor Degree or higher) in an appropriate technical field.
- Proven capability in managing complex technical projects and coordinating input from others. Existing relationships with Regulators and clients will be highly regarded.
- In depth theoretical and practical knowledge and skills. Dispersion modelling skills are a must.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- A clean driver's licence.
- Willingness to travel domestically to undertake monitoring projects.
- Australian citizenship/working rights are essential.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job