Highways Design Engineer, Technical Director or Principal Grade, UK
Office Location: Nottingham, Manchester or London
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Negotiable, competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Highways & Transportation Planning
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
SLR is keen to continue the successful growth of its Highways Design / Civil Engineering capabilities and is looking to make a high level appointment into the Highways & Transportation Planning team of a Highways Design Engineer to play a lead role from both a technical and commercial perspective in the teams continued expansion. We are looking to appoint a development planning focussed Highways Design Engineer who will work alongside our expert team of Transport Planners and Design Engineers to diversify the team’s geographical presence and to play a lead role in both highway design project delivery and the diversification of the team’s client and project portfolio.
Location is flexible – whilst we would be keen to appoint the role alongside the existing team in Nottingham, equally the role could be based in our Manchester or London offices as a new geographical presence for the team.
With 30 different technical disciplines offered across the business, the successful candidate will have the support of a diverse range of Environmental, Advisory and Engineering professionals. Alongside their role in developing the Highways Design team, they will have the opportunity to contribute to the wider multidiscipline growth of SLR, whose “one team” culture encourages cross-discipline collaborative working and allows our staff to offer an enviable breadth of expertise to support their clients needs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with predominantly private sector, development planning based clients the successful individual will hold responsibility within the business for shaping and implementing the strategy for expanding SLR’s Highways Design capabilities/team/business from both a commercial and technical perspective.
This will involve bidding and developing new project workloads both with existing SLR clients and their own network of contacts, whilst at the same time leading on the delivery of design projects. As workloads grow it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand the technical team around themselves.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer, experienced in the preparation of highway design and specification, and managing projects from inception to completion, including planning, detailed design and delivery of works through S38/S278 Agreements.
- Significant experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and / or MX
- A capable communicator experienced within a client facing role, and capable of delivering projects to a defined brief within timescale, budget and risk constraints.
- An established network of contacts and clients within both the private and public sector, including developers, contractors, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- A proven track record of work winning, and the ability to undertake business development activities to grow the highway design team
- Proven capabilities within the leadership and management of a technical team within a comparable consultancy or commercial position
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.