Principal Ecologist, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Ecology
This role is both dynamic and exciting and would suit someone who is a team player and enjoys a fast paced, team-focused environment. The successful applicant will be involved in all elements of project management, client liaison, staff management and business development. You will be a self-motivated individual who is looking for a role that will allow you the freedom to build your own team and further develop your capabilities and offer you unique and interesting career opportunities.
Your role will be to lead the growth of a new ecology team in SLR, including winning new work, building on and developing client relationships, using your own established connections and market knowledge, and building connections with the SLR network to develop a body of projects and clients. You will have a background in ecological work in QLD and be familiar with the EVNT species and bioregions of QLD and with State and Commonwealth legislation and approvals processes, including biodiversity offsets. Initially, you will conduct ecological field surveys and lead the preparation professional ecological consulting reports for a diverse range of clients and projects. You will be responsible for all facets of project delivery, including proposal writing, project management, field work, mapping, quality control and reporting.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To do this effectively you are likely to have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or Natural Resources.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in either an environmental consultancy or the public sector, with responsibility for clients, project management, business development, ecological surveys and report production.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team of ecologists, staff management, mentoring and training;
- Proven project management experience in relation to client management and budget control.
- Demonstrable experience in the design and implementation of ecological field surveys.
- Sound flora and fauna identification skills.
- High level report writing and computer skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience with relevant QLD and Commonwealth legislation and policy, and its application to development projects.
JOB BENEFITS & PERKS
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are creative yet still detail focused, enthusiastic and love what you do – we’d love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job