Principal Engineer, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 plus comprehensive benefits including car allowance
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
*Flexible to office location across the UK*
SLR has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced civil engineer with a drainage/hydrology background to join its busy Civil & Structural Engineering team. The successful applicant will lead on a combination of project execution and delivery and business development activities for both new and existing clients within the civil and hydrology sector.
SLR’s Engineering team boasts a wealth of expertise across the European region (and wider global business) within diverse sectors including water, mining, waste, power, infrastructure, and the built environment. Listed in The Times’ top 100 “One To watch” SLR’s “one team” culture is at the heart of all our business and provides a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, life and travel insurance, critic illness cover as well as pension contributions, a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression and a generous car cash allowance. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours of 10am-4pm, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
Our Civil & Structural Engineering team has expertise across a range of engineering sectors including hydrology, civil, highways, and structural. The team provides clients with expertise at all project stages, including:
• Flood risk assessments;
• Outline and detailed designs;
• Liaison with statutory bodies;
• Overall Project and Programme Management;
• Development and Preparation of Technical Specifications; and
• Preparation of Tender Packages and Tender Evaluation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work independently and within a team in our Edinburgh office to deliver projects and develop new and existing business. You will act as a project manager, write proposals and manage clients. You will provide workload to others in the team and other disciplines and will be expected to mentor and coach other engineers within the team and support the sector and client leads across the business.
As a senior member of the team, you will have input into the strategic direction, planning and development of the team, creating new opportunities and prospects, enhancing and broadening team capacity and capability, recruiting new staff, identifying target markets, supporting the Technical Discipline Manager and developing future strategies.
The successful candidate will work across other sectors with SLR staff in disciplines including the Advisory, Environmental Management and Compliance, Land and Water and Environmental Specialist Services Groups. You will have the opportunity to work within an experienced team and be involved in a series of exciting challenges with one of the leading environmental and engineering consultancies in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work and travel across Europe and internationally.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Significant demonstrable experience working in the UK on civil engineering with drainage/hydrology projects.
• Proven business development capabilities, the ability to manage high level client relationships and to win and deliver new work through both existing and new client contacts
• Experience of leading and managing teams of professional, engineering and operational staff in a project, consultancy or contracting environment
• Strong leadership, project management, organisational, mentoring, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstratable knowledge of UK hydrological guidance including flood risk, water treatment, highways drainage, residential fresh and foul water connections
• Must have a full, current, driving licence valid in the UK
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job