Principal Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist, Australia
Office Location: Wollongong
Discipline team: Geotechnics & Mine Waste Engineering
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
Due to our continued growth and project pipeline, there is an opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnics and Mine Waste Engineering team in Wollongong, NSW. The role offers collaborative working with industry leading professionals across the global SLR community. The selected candidate will have an interest in the mining and resources sector; a positive and enthusiastic approach to life and work; with a sense of adventure and eagerness to explore.
Currently our Wollongong team is led by our energetic Technical Discipline Manager – Dr Chris Meikle. Chris is supported by a team of dynamic and enthusiastic engineering geologists and geotechnical engineers who enjoy the exposure a global project pipeline.
The wider Wollongong team is made up of Hydrogeologists, Environmental Consultants, Planners and Civil Engineers. We work in a fantastic office at the University of Wollongong Innovation Campus where we pride ourselves on our relaxed and positive culture, regular social events and our happy clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
This role offers significant long-term career rewards and opportunities for learning, expanding technical knowledge and career advancement. The position offers the opportunity to:
- Work on a wide range of projects which will include mining and resources, roads, rail, civil and industrial
- Contribute to a diverse range of projects from inception to completion
- Working on large and interesting projects that you would expect to see only in larger geographical areas
- Provide technical oversite of site investigation teams
- Undertake geotechnical analyses
- Undertake engineering judgement, interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement best practice to provide practical and commercial solutions
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals in a multi-disciplinary international consulting services company
Skills and experience
Outside wanting to join a fun and friendly team, the right candidate should:
- Exposure to projects across multiple sector, including mining and resources, highways and built environment.
- Ideally you will have 15+ years’ hands on experience with tertiary qualifications in engineering or geology and have worked within a consultancy environment before
- Have excellent report writing and communication and demonstrated experience delivering on time and on budget
- Must have an excellent attitude and be capable of working within a dynamic environment
- Proven Business Development ability shown from winning new work and building relationships with clients
- Proven project management skills.
- Well-developed creative and problem solving skills and excellent technical ability
- Be driven to pass on your knowledge and mentor younger staff.
Job benefits and perks
This is an exciting growth phase for SLR in the Asia Pacific and south coast region. Wollongong provides exceptional work / life balance within beautiful beach and mountain setting; yet have easy access to Sydney and southern NSW.
We really believe in providing an attractive salary package, supportive career progression and learning and development as well as the most important side being a great place to work (just check out some of the views of the office our staff post on LinkedIn).
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job