Process Engineer (Project grade), Maidstone, UK
Office Location: Maidstone
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Process Engineering & Process Safety
Due to an increased level of new clients and projects and our strategy to develop and expand our business, the Process Engineering and Process Safety team are looking to recruit a dynamic enthusiastic project engineer in the South East of England. You will focus on the solid waste management and recycling industry and will provide input and support on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects including new and innovative technologies.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to develop their career under the direction of an expert team of engineering professionals and will be supported in working towards gaining Chartered status by joining our approved training scheme.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and travel insurance and pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to a Technical Director, you will work with engineering staff at all levels to help in the delivery of waste and recycling related projects within SLR offices and at client offices and sites across the UK and internationally. You will be expected to represent SLR Consulting in an effective and professional manner and will work independently and as part of a team. This may involve travel and lone working at times, possibly outside typical working hours.
You will also assist SLR staff in other disciplines including the Waste and Resources Advisory Group, Civil/ Structural and Geotechnical Engineering and Planning and Permitting Teams and will develop client relationships to retain and develop new business.
You will be based at Maidstone in Kent and, as part of the Process Engineering and Process Safety team, provide clients with help and support at all project stages, including:
• Plant Operation, Maintenance and Trouble Shooting;
• Plant Commissioning and Performance Testing;
• Technical and Economic Feasibility Studies;
• Technical Due Diligence Reviews;
• Front End Engineering and Concept Design Studies;
• Process Design Review and Optimization;
• HAZOP/HAZAN Studies;
• Development and Preparation of Technical Specifications;
• Preparation of Tender Packages and Tender Evaluation;
• Technical Training and Instruction (Plant Operators and Managers);
• Technical Advisor and Independent Certifier Roles.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Minimum level 2:1 degree in Engineering, Science or Environmental based subject;
• Knowledge and interest in the principles of waste management and recycling are essential;
• Qualifications and experience of process, chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering and work experience in the recycling and waste treatment industry would be an advantage;
• You should be able to demonstrate you can work independently and are organised and a logical thinker. You should be numerate and confident with data and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• You will be willing to learn and develop and undertake ongoing continuous professional development and have a desire to achieve Chartered status; and
• A full driving license is required.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job