Process Engineer, Solid Waste & AD - Associate Grade, Bristol, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, Agile Working, Flexible and Family-Friendly policies.
Discipline team: Process Engineering & Process Safety
SLR has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to join its busy team based in Bristol to help manage and lead a range of projects in solid waste management and anaerobic digestion.
Our Process Engineering team has expertise across a range of engineering sectors including civil, geotechnical, chemical, process, materials and mechanical engineering, with particular expertise in solid waste management/treatment and industrial wastewater and technologies. The team provides clients with expertise at all project stages, including:
• Plant Operation, Maintenance and Trouble Shooting;
• Plant Commissioning and Performance Testing;
• Technical and Economic Feasibility Studies;
• Technical Due Diligence Reviews
• Front End Engineering and Concept Design Studies;
• Process Design Review and Optimization;
• HAZOP/HAZAN Studies;
• Development and Preparation of Technical Specifications;
• Preparation of Tender Packages and Tender Evaluation;
• Technical Training and Instruction (Plant Operators and Managers); and
• Technical Advisor and Independent Certifier Roles
This role will initially be within the part of the team that focusses on solid waste management, anaerobic digestion (AD) and recycling but there will be opportunities to be involved in projects associated with industrial water and wastewater treatment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Technical Discipline Manager responsible for the Process Engineering team, the successful candidate will work independently guided by senior engineering staff to deliver a wide range of AD and other waste related projects within SLR offices and at client sites both in the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate will also assist SLR staff in other disciplines within SLR, including the Advisory, Environmental Management and Compliance, Land and Water and Environmental Specialist Services Groups
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Degree in Engineering, Science or Environmental based subject with experience of process/chemical/ mechanical/ electrical engineering , AD, recycling and waste treatment is essential
• A knowledge of the principles and operations of anaerobic digestion facilities would be an advantage
• Ability to work in both an office environment and on client sites. This may involve travel and lone working at times, possibly outside typical working hours.
• Must have a full, current driving licence.
• Must be able to represent SLR Consulting in an effective and professional manner when on client sites and in client meetings.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job