Project grade (Graduate) Waste and Resource Management Consultant, Shrewsbury or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Shrewsbury
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Waste & Resource Management
Due to a steadily increasing workload we currently have opportunities within our Shrewsbury, Bradford on Avon or Bristol offices for Project-level consultants to join our established Waste and Resource Management team. Due to SLR’s diverse nature, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work across multiple disciplines.
SLR Consulting is a leading global provider of environmental consultancy and advisory services to the waste and recycling sector, providing advice to a range of clients including waste producers, the waste management industry, its regulators and investors.
The Waste and Resource Management team has experience of providing practical advice on all waste types, including municipal, household, commercial, industrial, hazardous, agricultural, and mining waste. Client & technical service offerings include:
• Public sector waste support;
• Private sector waste companies;
• Advice to financial sector;
• Construction Companies and Waste Technology Providers;
• Waste strategy and plan development;
• Commercial due diligence of waste infrastructure;
• Waste treatment technology and disposal advice; and
• Waste logistics and routing.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the Waste and Resource Management team, the successful candidate(s) will be required to undertake research and data collation, processing and modelling for a wide range of waste and resource management projects, assisting in the preparation of reports/presentations and contract documents. The successful candidate(s) will also be required to assist senior members of different disciplines (for example the Process Engineering and Process Safety and/or Carbon and Energy Management teams) within SLR in similar tasks, including potentially site based work. There will also be some administration duties in the management of projects. The role will involve travel to client sites and to attend client meetings both locally and further afield.
Person Specification Summary
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Environmental Science / Mathematics / Physics or equivalent (Masters level desirable, as is A-level Maths)
• Strong analytical, research and report writing skills with a good level of numeracy.
• A desire to develop a career within Wastes and Resources - any knowledge of Waste and Resource Management, Waste Treatment or Renewables Technologies/Policies or Procurement Contracts an advantage.
• Advanced computer skills within Microsoft suite (word/excel/PowerPoint); and any coding or app development experience would be useful.
• Full driving license
Applications and Enquiries
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14th Jan 2019
PLEASE NOTE – NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR THIS ROLE
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job