Project Land Surveyor, UK
Office Location: Nottingham
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Land Surveying
SLR currently has an exciting opportunity for a Land Surveyor to join its busy established Nottingham team and provide support across a wide range of land and topographical survey projects. With on-the-job training from SLR's expert team, this role represents a chance for an individual to start a professional career as a Land Surveyor. You will be joining a well-established team undertaking a variety of surveys across the UK, you will have the full support and training from the team allowing you to develop and learn new skills whilst making a positive contribution to the group.
Our Land Survey team provides Geomatic surveying throughout the country, offering our experience in a wide range of industries for topographical surveying services. The team manages various surveying contracts in specific detail for a range of clients including minerals/waste operators, residential/commercial developers, civil/petrochemical/power engineering firms and more. The team prides itself on understanding the importance of the client’s requirements for site surveys, setting out and design, providing consistency with its professional AutoCAD capability.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress and to work on interesting projects with valued clients.
We strive to ensure that opportunities for both new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
Due to the nature of the work and sites visited, the role will require regular travel throughout the Midlands and North of England and potentially further afield and this may therefore mean that hours worked vary in accordance with the locations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will be varied and involve regular travel to client sites.
Other duties include:
• Assisting the surveyor(s) across a variety of fieldwork projects throughout the UK with respect to briefs and specifications.
• As experience and skills develop the successful candidate will be required to work both independently and within a team on projects from start to finish showing initiative and responsibility to deliver surveys to a high standard.
• Processing and producing survey plans in LSS and AutoCAD, volumetric calculations and reports.
• This role will involve travelling and working across the UK and away from home as the project dictates.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Experience of using survey grade GNSS and Total stations would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of using AutoCAD and LSS would also be advantageous but not essential.
• Knowledge and experience of using Word and Excel.
• Hardworking and able to self-motivate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and contractors and produce written reports to a good standard.
• Full Driving Licence valid in UK.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job