Regional Financial Controller, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Finance
About the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a newly created role within the APAC head office for a senior level Financial Controller. Reporting to the Regional Finance Director, you will be responsible for managing a small team covering AP, Billing, Payroll, AR and Financial Reporting. You will be a key finance contact for the wider business and be flexible in your role as business demands and change opportunities are balanced, ideally you will have the potential to step up to the Regional Finance Director role in the future.
We have recently moved to a great new office location at the Sub Base Platypus, North Sydney. We are very excited about having an exciting new space which will benefit both staff and clients in the surrounding areas. You can get there from a short walk from Milsons Point station or maybe you fancy the ferry from Circular Quay!
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing the regular reporting processes within the business on a weekly and monthly basis including monthly management accounts production, monthly KPI reporting, weekly revenue reporting, and operational reporting around debt and work in progress. Initially these are very hands on processes but will evolve over time to a greater emphasis on review and action.
- Financial year end responsibilities including management of the audit requirements, analysis for the corporation tax return and statutory reporting.
- Leading and supporting a number of improvement initiatives for the Region that are currently taking place including improved cash flow reporting, finance system data clean up and reporting as well as the implementation of the global chart of accounts. There is also an intention to improve reporting, analysis and control of overhead costs.
- Managing the day to day activities of a team of currently 10 staff comprising Financial Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll Manager, 4 x Billings team & Commercial Accountant.
- Other reporting and analysis as required. The business is undergoing significant changes and there is a strong desire to optimise every aspect of its performance.
Ideally you would have held a senior finance position within an international finance team or larger national organization and have strong leadership qualities. You will be suitably qualified but also possess high level management and communication ability to lead from the front.
Skills and experience
Ideally you will also have the following attributes:
- CA or CPA
- Excellent excel skills, good understanding of finance systems and high level technical understanding of accounting standards, statutory reporting and audit requirements
- Knowledge of Deltek and project management/WIP management would be desirable
- Confident and capable of leading change initiatives and a good decision maker
- Experience within professional services
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, helpful and a good team player
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture. Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR.
We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job