Senior Acoustic Consultant (Rail/Road Modeller), Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a great opportunity within the APAC head office for an ambitious individual to join our high performing and friendly Acoustics & Vibration team as a Senior Acoustic Consultant. This is a full-time position based in our Lane Cove head office, working with a great team of Acoustic Consultants you will bring strong rail/road modelling experience with you.
If you are tired of being in a hierarchical environment and feeling held back then come join SLR where we promote within, we don’t set limits and you are given the opportunity to shine and take a lead on projects!
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for carrying out high profile and large-scale projects which will require a broad knowledge and understanding of engineering methods and techniques to solve problems.
- You will carry out technical tasks which will require accuracy in calculations, data analysis, modelling and design which will include manipulating and managing large data sets.
- With the opportunity to work in the field of environmental noise, work in the following areas is expected; environmental noise monitoring, 3D computer noise modelling, numerical analysis of results and associated reporting.
- Infrastructure projects, in particular rail and road modelling will be your bread and butter and you will be comfortable working autonomously in this space as well as mentoring / guiding junior level staff
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge their capabilities and be an innovative thinker as well as possess:
- A relevant bachelor degree (ideally mechanical or electrical engineering, environmental engineering or science)
- Capability and experience with coding, GIS, noise monitoring and prediction would also be favourable.
- Experience and high competency with noise monitoring equipment and/or 3D computer noise models (SoundPLAN, Cadna or ENM) is essential.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture. Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job