Senior / Associate Consultant - Contaminated Land, Australia
Office Location: Darwin
Discipline team: Land Quality & Remediation
Job DescriptionSenior / Associate Consultant - Land Quality & Remediation
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Contaminated Land Consultant - either a Senior Consultant (with 5+ years’ experience) or an Associate Consultant (with 8+ years’ experience) - to join SLR’s Land Quality and Remediation discipline in Northern Territory.
We’re looking for a like-minded individual who enjoys working with an enthusiastic, committed and fun loving team, is a good listener, and enjoys solving issues for clients.
You will be working very closely – not just with the multidisciplinary consultants within our Darwin office – but also with the rest of the Land Quality and Remediation consultants across APAC including a contaminated site auditor and technical specialists comprising a principal hydrogeologist, a principal risk assessment/toxicology, a principal chemist and a principal remediation engineer to deliver quality contaminated land services to our Northern Territory and National clients.
SLR is a leading international environmental consultancy with an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Australasia, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
The Darwin office team are enthusiastic, committed and fun loving who love working together as a team to solve client issues over a number of industries.
With the work hard ethic, there is also a play hard / fun aspect which comes with a great team and relaxed environment, which has excellent flexible working conditions which brings high calibre clients and engaging / interesting projects. As a piece of the wider SLR group, we work together, collaborate, share ideas and listen to each other regionally, nationally and globally.
Job tasks & Responsibilities
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders across the region, and provide you with the support on your technical growth within the wider SLR team. You will also work with and provide integral support to the Office Manager and Technical Discipline Manager to continually grow the office and technical disciplines within the Northern Territory across a range of industries.
With a passion for contaminated land management, earth sciences, contaminated hydrogeology or civil / environmental engineering, you will work with likeminded individuals, whilst enjoying excellent career opportunities across a range of industry sectors. As a self-starter, you will be able to display confidence and high level project management, tenders/proposals preparation and reporting.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidates will have:
- A professional qualification in environmental science or engineering or other relevant degree
- A minimum of 5+ years experience (Senior Consultant) or 8+ years experience (Associate Consultant) at a professional level, ideally as a consultant
- Proven capability in environmental / contamination management (soil and groundwater)/ remediation (soil and groundwater), preferably in the development, mining and oil and gas sectors.
- The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions
- A high level of commercial acumen and proven success in developing winning proposals and client relationship management
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven report writing skills, high computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and has the ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent driving history and hold a current driver's license
- Australia Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with industry renowned leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development.
For an opportunity to be considered for this role, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter through to email@example.com
No agencies please.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job