Senior/Associate Hydrogeologist, Australia
Office Location: Newcastle
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients. SLR are an active sponsor of the International Association of Hydrogeologists and focused on investing in industry best practice for the benefit of both clients and staff.
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Land and Water team for a Senior or Associate Hydrogeologist to join our growing Hydrology & Hydrogeology discipline. The role can be based in either of our Brisbane, Sydney or Newcastle offices and will work within our Senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental services to our internal and external clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Technical Discipline Managers in implementing actions from our clients.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies, where appropriate.
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budgets.
- Project managing projects to produce high quality Environmental Management documentation (i.e. technical studies and environmental approvals).
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members.
- Contributing to winning work by identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships.
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Manager's on projects regarding best principles and practices.
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in Science specialising in Hydrogeology, Geology or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' practical experience in the field of hydrogeology with significant demonstrated skills in the areas of client engagement, project management, data analysis, report writing, groundwater impact assessments for government approvals, annual compliance reports, baseline assessments, trigger investigations and field investigations.
- An enthusiastic attitude to hydrogeology.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of National, Queensland and/or New South Wales groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines.
- Strong capabilities in field data QA/QC and attention to detail.
Job benefits and perks
At SLR we value our staff and look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, opportunities for regional travel, interaction with SLR staff globally and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a passion for the groundwater industry.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job