Senior / Associate / Principal Ecologist (Power sector), any UK office, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile working, structured career framework
Discipline team: Ecology
SLR has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Ecological professional to join our European team and play a lead role in undertaking and delivering a range of projects predominantly within the Power sector. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of ecology inputs to a number of large and complex projects, which now represent an increasingly large proportion of our work. Our biggest projects are principally within the power sector, notably in renewable energy, but we also work extensively in the infrastructure and built environment sectors. Projects may be located across the UK and we are now also working on a significant number of major projects overseas. The role could therefore potentially be based in any of our UK offices.
With over 30 experienced Ecology professionals undertaking a wide range of projects throughout the UK, SLR Consulting leads the way in providing exemplar ecological advice and services. We have a real passion for what we do and due to continued commercial success and a very healthy work book, we have fantastic opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of the SLR team.
As a forward-thinking consultancy with ambitious growth plans and listed in The Times’ top 100 “One To watch”; SLR is a truly global consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients.
Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will be varied but will include:
• Working closely with our Ecology power sector lead and other senior members of the team the key aspect of the role will be the management and delivery of ecology inputs to a range of potentially large and complex projects.
• The role will also include assisting the relevant sector leads with the development of new opportunities, both within SLR’s existing client network and ideally within their own network of contacts.
• Mentoring of more junior staff is also a key part of the role, as it is for all senior staff at SLR.
• Depending on skills and experience, and the specific goals of the successful candidate, the role may also include staff management and leading our work on particular ecological specialisms.
• The role will involve working with other team members located across the UK and may require short-term travel across the UK and potentially overseas, depending on client/project sites.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• A passion for ecology, for delivering high quality work and for assisting the development of other ecological professionals.
• Substantial ecological experience, ideally within consultancy and ideally including projects within the power and/or infrastructure sectors.
• Significant project management skills and experience.
• A track record in successful business development and the ability to manage client relationships, and to win and deliver new work through both existing and new client contacts.
• Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent and, ideally, Chartered status.
• Full driving licence.
CLOSING DATE 29th February 2020
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job