Senior Auditor Support - Land Quality & Remediation, Australia
Office Location: Melbourne
Discipline team: Land Quality & Remediation
Job DescriptionAbout the business and role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced contaminated land management consultant to join SLR's Land Quality and Remediation team in Melbourne as a Senior or Associate Consultant/Environmental Audit Support. We offer the opportunity to develop your career with a strong organisation, with leading expertise and flexible working conditions.
Job tasks and responsibilities
SLR's Principal Site Environmental Auditor, Anthony Lane, who has over 20 years' experience in this role, is seeking a supporting consultant to join him. This person would have a minimum of 7 years' experience and be a highly experienced practitioner in contaminated site assessments, remediation and auditing. They would also have familiarity of the site audit systems in Victoria and NSW and ideally also in SA and WA. It is noted that audit projects can include a range of project types depending on jurisdiction and can include site contamination audits and "non-site audit tasks" such as landfill audits under the Victorian system.
Skills and experience
The duties of the Site Audit Project Manager and Coordinator of Audits (with administrative support provided by others) include:
• Act as Project Manager on some audit projects
• Coordinate Auditor's Expert Support Team (including external sub-consultants) and its input on each audit project
• Perform technical reviews and prepare formal critiques on third party assessment reports for consideration and approval of auditor
• Prepare draft reports and/or coordinated contributions by the Expert Support Team to draft audit reports
With administration support:
• Maintain the Auditor's accreditations and correspondence with accrediting authorities e.g. EPAs
• Maintain records of audits completed using the Site Audits Database
• Act as the coordinator for maintenance of key auditing document templates and related quality systems
• Act as a Project Manager or technical/support resources for non-audit contaminated land management projects.
• Coaching and mentoring junior consultants.
• Mentoring and coaching available to any aspiring auditors in training.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we’d love to hear from you.
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job