Senior Civil Designer, Australia
Office Location: Australia
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Civil Designer to join our Civil and Structural team with flexibility on location for the right person. You will work closely with our Engineering and Transport Planning teams and report to the Civil team Manager on a range of drafting and design tasks. You will also work collaboratively with our engineers and environmental consultants on our range of interesting and multi-discipline projects across the APAC region
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key responsibilities will be documentation and design development across a range of projects, including:
- Concept and Detail Design of roads and civil works
- Site layout design
- Earthworks modelling
- Vehicle manoeuvring and car parking (including the use of AutoTurn)
- Preparation of design drawings and figures for design reports
Skills and experience
As a positive and engaging character you will also display the following:
- 8+ years' experience
- Highly experienced using Civil 3D or 12D
- Highly experienced in use of AutoCAD
- Experience in design of site works, bulk earthworks, and roadworks
- Experience in the design of landfills and waste facilities (desirable)
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Diversity of project background experience that can be applied across a range of project types
- High level of motivation and autonomy to deliver to project deadlines
- Leadership ability to help guide and develop junior level staff
Job benefits and Perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we’d love to hear from you.
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job