Senior Ecologist, Australia
Office Location: Newcastle
Discipline team: Ecology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
The Newcastle office has mixture of technical specialists in areas of Hydrology & Hydrogeology, Soil Science, Civil & Structural Engineering, Ecology, Environmental Management, Planning & Approvals, Acoustics & Vibrations and more! They are a friendly bunch who work well together with a strong team culture.
Job tasks and responsibilities
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Ecologist to join the Newcastle Office and be part of the wider APAC Ecology team.
- Providing high quality service and advice in your area of expertise to clients and colleagues, in both office based and fieldwork activities.
- Assisting in preparing tenders and proposals.
- Assign work and provide guidance to technicians assigned to work on common projects.
- Make independent studies, analyses, interpretations, conclusions and decisions and prepare reports outlining the findings of these studies.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate must exhibit have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resources or in another related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in an ecological role in the environmental consulting sector or an equivalent role in Government, including undertaking ecological surveys and report production.
- Experience in the design and implementation of flora and field surveys.
- Excellent flora and fauna identification skills.
- Mature report writing and computer skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare high quality written material for publication.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven project management experience in relation to client management and budget control.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff, and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, interaction with SLR staff nationally with a strong focus on targeted professional development.
If you believe that you are a match with what we are looking for and would like to work within a dynamic professional consultancy, please submit your application by 'Applying' now.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job