Senior Environmental Consultant (Permitting/Compliance) - Bristol, Bradford-on-Avon or Manchester, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Environmental Management, Permitting & Compliance
Due to continued commercial success SLR is looking to appoint a Senior Environmental Consultant to join its busy multidisciplinary offices in either Bristol, Bradford-on-Avon or Manchester to undertake delivery of projects across sectors including industry, minerals, waste, power and oil & gas.
We are looking to appoint an individual with good interpersonal skills and strong capabilities in assessing and managing environmental risks and opportunities for clients, across a range of disciplines including environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, environmental management and sustainability.
The person joining will be supported in developing a very specialised and sought after skillset within our Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance team, and in a key growth area for SLR.
Along with a competitive salary, all SLR staff enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits including cash car allowance (Senior and above), pension, healthcare, life cover, business class travel insurance and much more. Additionally, as an equal opportunities employer we have family friendly working policies aimed at ensuring our staff can balance the requirements of their career with the demands of family life.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Joining as part of SLR’s Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance team, the successful applicant will support the team in a diverse range of compliance and environmental management matters including preparation of environmental permit applications, permit compliance activities, undertaking of audits and development of environmental management systems, predominantly within the industry, waste and energy sectors. Although consultancy experience would be advantageous, equally we are keen to hear from people with broad environmental management experience from an industrial or regulatory background.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of environmental management issues (environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, management systems, auditing) and how they present risks and opportunities for business; gained within an Industry, Consultancy or a Regulatory environment
- Professional client facing skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organisation, with a willingness to engage in the development and delivery (and ideally marketing/Business Development) of a broad range of environmental technical services
- Relevant Environmental based degree and holding/eligible for appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional organisation (IEMA, CIWM, IChemE, CIWEM, CIEEm or equivalent)
- Strong written and numerical skills and the ability to analyse and interpret complex data/information
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft suite or equivalent), and effective time and project management skills and a “can do” attitude
- Full driving licence
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job