Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Africa
Office Location: Fourways, Johannesburg
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Design of tailings and water dams, and related infrastructure.
- Technical review and signing off on mine waste design and investigation reports.
- Inspection and audit of mine waste facilities
- Project engineering management and administration.
- Scoping and management of geotechnical site investigations, mostly for mine waste facilities.
- Assessment of field investigation (e.g. piezocone/CPTu) and laboratory testing data (e.g. triaxial tests).
- Basic and detailed stability and seepage analyses.
- Dam break assessments.
- Taking an active lead in the development and mentoring of junior staff, specific to technical geotechnical aspects.
- Compilation of operating manuals and codes of practice for mine waste facilities
- A senior geotechnical engineer with 5-10 years of consulting experience.
- Should have a Masters in Engineering (Geotechnical)
- Must have Cone penetration test (CPT) data analyses experience
- Tailings / mine waste experience would be beneficial.
- Pr Eng would be beneficial. Regardless must be in a position to obtain within 1 year.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and GeoStudio/Slide
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel
- Sound writing and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Project management skills
- Must be enthusiastic and committed
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment