Senior Infrastructure Engineer (IT), Bristol or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bradford on Avon
Salary: Competitive salary guide circa £40k plus excellent benefits inc car allowance, pension, BUPA + more
Discipline team: IT
SLR has a great opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the group team in supporting the global business in the management and development of the IT infrastructure.
SLR Consulting Ltd is a growing successful global employee-controlled consultancy with 1500 staff working across a range of Environmental and Engineering disciplines. Our busy IT team provide an invaluable range of internal support services to facilitate the smooth operation of staff activities on a day to day basis.
Whilst the key focus of this role will be on the delivery of projects, there will be the opportunity to undertake and lead on project management aspects of at least part of the workload.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will be capable of working under their own initiative and setting their own workload targets. You will be working as a senior member of a small group infrastructure team, so you will have a key role in providing the company with a technical roadmap moving forward as well as playing a key role in the design and delivery of projects you are working on.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark on a rapidly expanding company with a great reputation in a friendly and collaborative team. The organisation uses the latest technologies and are constantly 'ahead of the curve' when it comes to the infrastructure you would be working with.
The role itself will suit an individual with strong all-round experience of IT support, particularly on the server and networking side, who is looking to move into a position with more autonomy in a project-based position.
We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress. Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Diagnosing and resolving technical issues within the IT Infrastructure
• Updating/creating documentation such as project plans, procedures and guidance documentation on IT systems new and existing, with ideas and improvements.
• Review and identify areas of improvement in team processes
• Monitoring IT infrastructure with proactive management to ensure maximum up-time of group systems
• Have a willingness to work outside of core business hours (0900-1730) throughout the week or weekend
• Analytically investigate problems and provide methodical steps to attempt resolution
• Plan, schedule and deploy changes (both business and infrastructure driven) and provide guidance to colleagues undertaking these tasks themselves
• Coaching and mentoring of other team members, including the Service Desk
• Keep up to date with industry change and best practise
• Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar IT Infrastructure Engineer and project management/delivery role
• Experience of Microsoft products and platforms such as Office 365, Azure, Windows Server, SQL,
• Experience of Lan/Wan, DNS/DHCP, VOIP, Exchange, SQL Server, and Network Security
• Experience with migration planning for mergers & acquisitions
• Desirable skills/experience include ISO27001, Data Privacy Laws, MDM solutions, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, CISSP
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please complete the online application form via the link below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job