Senior Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials Consultant, New Zealand
Office Location: Auckland
Discipline team: Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials
About us and the role
SLR is an international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
We have a great career opportunity for an individual with a couple of years' experience to join our well respected Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials Team in our Auckland office on a full time basis.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The successful applicant will work closely with the Technical Discipline Manager (who is based in Sydney) to:
- Provide administrative and field based services
- Provide technical advice on occupational health issues
- Supervise the removal of asbestos and hazardous materials
- Conduct asbestos fibre monitoring and fibre counting
- Identify and conduct surveys and hygiene assessments
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare quotes and tenders for clients; and
- Provide exceptional service to our clients.
Skills and experience
Working in a team environment, you will be a self-motivated individual who is looking for a role that will challenge your capabilities and develop your skills.
Essential criteria for the role include:
- TAFE or University qualifications in one of the following fields - Occupational Hygiene, Laboratory or Environmental Sciences or similar
- A minimum of 1-2 years professional field experience
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) and for periods typically between 3-7 days
- A valid driver's license and excellent driving history
- New Zealand Citizenship or rights to work in New Zealand
Desirable skills and abilities include:
- Established knowledge of the New Zealand marketplace
- Asbestos Assessor License or willingness to obtain this
- HAZMAT survey experience
- Experience in consulting
- An understanding of the relevant regulatory bodies, processes and legislation
- Existing client base or industry contacts (in particular for a consultant role)
- Applicants with membership or qualifications from the New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society (or Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists) will be highly regarded.
Please note that Working with Children, Criminal and Employment Health Checks will be required for this role.
Job perks and benefits
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job