Senior or Associate Acoustics Consultant, Newcastle, UK
Office Location: Newcastle
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
Due to continued commercial success, SLR is looking to appoint an Acoustics Consultant at a Senior or Associate grade within Newcastle to join its busy UK Acoustics team; which has an established presence across several of its UK offices.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow our portfolio of projects and clients and make a real contribution to the Acoustics team - and to help grow the team across the North-east.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Applications are sought from acoustic consultants with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong skills in the area of wind farms, construction, industry and the built environment.
SLR Consulting have a long-established Newcastle office (within a converted chapel) which is located on Newcastle upon Tyne’s pleasant quayside and within easy walking distance of the city centre.
Though the Newcastle office does not presently have an Acoustics presence the office does benefit from an established Landscape Architecture team and an Air Quality presence who would work closely with, and provide day to day support to the successful candidate. Further support would obviously also be provided by the existing UK Acoustics team who are based in Edinburgh, Nottingham, London, Bristol and Exeter.
The role would suit current senior consultants looking for their next challenge and those wishing to advance their careers within a growing and successful business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing projects and advising clients on developments such as mixed use and residential masterplans, quarries, infrastructure and energy.
• Noise and vibration surveys throughout the North-east and where necessary, in other parts of the UK.
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing (including ES chapters) and technical review work.
• Liaising with technical staff and project managers based in other UK offices.
• Seeking opportunities through business development and networking to expand Acoustic capabilities across Scotland, as well as cross-selling other services.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Proven Acoustics Consultancy experience including project management, reporting, tendering/BD; and capable of setting up a new presence for our Acoustics team Bristol
• Strong Environmental Noise and Vibration skills
• MioA membership and a relevant degree level qualification
• Public enquiry experience would be advantageous, as would any CADNA knowledge, buildings acoustics experience and sound insulation testing
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job