Senior Payroll Officer, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Finance
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a great opportunity within the APAC head office for a motivated and competent payroll officer to join our close-knit team on a full-time basis or permanent part time basis (Mon-Thurs). We have recently moved to a great new office location at the Sub Base Platypus, North Sydney. We are very excited about having an exciting new space which will benefit both staff and clients in the surrounding areas. You can get there from a short walk from Milsons Point station or maybe you fancy the ferry from Circular Quay!
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Full responsibility for processing the fortnightly payroll for Australia (300 staff) and New Zealand (15 staff)
- Managing superannuation contributions, payroll tax and reimbursement of employee expenses
- Assistance with recommending and managing the migration from Ascender payroll system to a new payroll system (TBA) compatible with Sage HR
- Calculation of termination pays and completing necessary compliance documentation
- Setting up new employees and managing employee queries
- Processing salary sacrifice and reconciling reports
- Researching relevant employee legislation, providing sound advice in relation to payroll matters and partnering with the HR team
- Other adhoc duties to assist the finance function
Not only will you be a professional and competent payroll officer, you will also be a pleasure to be around. We are looking for great communicators who will enjoy being part of a very friendly and collaborative team.
Skills and experience
Ideally you will also have the following attributes:
- 3-5+ years’ payroll experience in a similar size organisation
- Great organisational skills/multitasking abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Solid understanding of FWA and the Modern Award system
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture. Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job