Senior Project Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Townsville
Discipline team: Ecology
About the business
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
About the role
With the continued growth of SLR's Townsville office, an exciting opportunity exists for a terrestrial ecologist with experience on mine sites to join our Asia Pacific Ecology team. This position would be based in our Townsville office, and includes travel to mine sites in North Queensland.
- Providing high quality service and advice in your area of expertise to clients and colleagues, in both office based and fieldwork activities.
- Assisting in preparing tenders and proposals.
- Assign work and provide guidance to technicians assigned to work on common projects.
- Make independent studies, analyses, interpretations, conclusions and decisions and prepare reports outlining the findings of these studies.
The salary range for this role is $70,000-$85,000.
Skills & experience
The successful candidate must exhibit have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resources or in another related field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in an ecological role in the environmental consulting sector or an equivalent role in Government, including undertaking ecological surveys and report production.
- Experience in the design and implementation of flora and field surveys.
- Excellent flora and fauna identification skills.
- Mature report writing and computer skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare high quality written material for publication.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven project management experience in relation to client management and budget control.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job