Technical Director - International Environmental & Social Impact Assessment & Due Diligence (ESIA & ESDD), UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, BUPA, car allowance, agile/flexible working
Discipline team: Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
SLR’s European based international ESIA and ESDD team is a dynamic team with a growing portfolio of projects in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa. We are looking to appoint a Technical Director with international ESIA and ESDD expertise. Experience working with IFIs (eg. EBRD, KfW, AfD, FMO, IFC) and finance sector clients (PE, banks, lawyers) would be advantageous.
The role could potentially be based in any of our UK offices but would be particularly suited to London, Bradford on Avon, Bristol and Newcastle.
As a forward-thinking consultancy with ambitious growth plans, and listed in The Times’ top 100 “One To watch”; SLR is a truly global environmental and advisory consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. Our staff all enjoy Agile Working, which allows them to tailor their full-time working hours to best suit their own personal circumstances. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will also receive a comprehensive benefits package including pension, 25 days annual leave (plus statutory); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The person joining will work closely with our international focussed team of professionals to secure and execute a range of ESIA and ESDD projects.
Additionally, they will work with our sector leaders to development strategic priorities for new commercial opportunities both within SLR’s existing client network, and within their own network of contacts; and will also involve delivering and managing key client relationships.
The work will involve coordinating a range of in-house and external technical specialists together with taking the lead on the preparation of a range of high quality technical reports. With 30 individual Environmental, Advisory and Engineering disciplines, SLR can offer clients an unrivalled breadth of expertise from which to draw upon for project delivery.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Significant consultancy based experience in the management and delivery of ESDDs and large ESIA projects. Power, mining and infrastructure sector experience will be advantageous.
- Proven business development capabilities and the ability to manage high level client relationships, and to win and deliver new work through both existing and new client contacts. Relationships and work experience with IFIs (eg. EBRD, KfW, AfD, FMO, IFC) and finance sector clients (PE, banks, lawyers) will be advantageous
- Proven consultancy (or similar) experience managing and leading multidisciplinary teams and leading on client management/contact and bids/tenders.
- Good knowledge of the international standards applicable to ESDD and ESIA. This includes Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Guidelines, EBRD guidelines etc…
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. An ability to work as part of a team, and to manage a team of internal or external consultants.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job