Technical Director Landscape Architect, Bristol, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile working and flexible and family-friendly policies
Discipline team: Landscape Architecture
Building on the success of our Landscape Architecture team, and expansion of our project portfolio, SLR Consulting is looking to appoint a Landscape Architect at Principal or Technical Director grade to join and play a key role in the continued development and management of our friendly and rapidly growing team in Bristol.
SLR is seeking industry-leading professionals who can demonstrate a blend of technical and design expertise, along with proven commercial acumen and an established network of contacts; in order to facilitate and to lead the technical delivery of both new and existing projects.
Applications are welcomed from ambitious individuals who can demonstrate high quality consultancy experience and a proven ability for winning work and retaining clients. The successful candidates will be expected to actively contribute to SLR’s portfolio of diverse and challenging projects, working alongside some of the UK’s leading landscape experts.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and travel insurance and pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our flexible working and family friendly policies, combined with agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core office hours; help staff balance the needs of professional and family life
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Landscape Discipline Manager the role would involve managing and delivering a varied project workload, whilst providing leadership and guidance to junior staff within the team.
We would also like you to help develop and expand the team’s expertise and workload and actively take part in business development, preparing fee tenders and securing new commissions for the team. This would also involve building cross discipline relationships within SLR as well as leading cross-functional teams.
You would be undertaking and managing a range of diverse and challenging projects across a number of sectors including Built Environment, Power and Minerals and Mining. We would expect you to be interested in being involved in landscape planning including landscape and visual assessments and public enquiry work.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Landscape Architecture Degree, Postgraduate diploma, and holding Chartered status with demonstrable Landscape Planning experience within a consultancy, studio or similar commercial environment.
- An experienced professional who can demonstrate a successful track record in project and line management, good organisational skills and winning new work
- Experienced in LVIA and Landscape Masterplanning is required, and any experience as an Expert Witness or of high-end landscape and public realm design an advantage
- An ability to think strategically, conceptually and analytically while maintaining a focus on wide-ranging or long-term implications.
- An understanding of landscape planning methodologies and experience at drafting related reports (skills in both technical report writing and in the preparation of graphic material are required).
- An effective and confident communicator (both written and oral) to a broad audience, with the ability to work collaboratively.
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job