Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Transportation Planning
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an international environmental and advisory consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist professional services consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse base of private sector, regulatory and government clients.
With the continued growth of SLR's Asia Pacific operations, an exciting opportunity exists for a Consultant to join our Asia Pacific Transport Advisory business in New South Wales. This position would be based in our Sydney office.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a Consultant within our Transport Advisory team, you will be required to work on a diverse range of development and infrastructure related projects. You will collaborate with staff at various levels within the business and will work across geographical and discipline boundaries on a daily basis. Your primary role will be to undertake traffic and transport analysis, assessment and reporting tasks as part of the delivery of key projects, to help us find effective solutions for our clients.
Skills and experience
We are seeking applications from traffic engineers and transport planners with 2 – 5 years' experience. Desirably, this experience should include traffic modelling, but could include a range of areas such as traffic analysis, active and public transport and road safety. We are looking for a professional and diligent individual who can bolster SLR's reputation as trusted advisor, providing high-end consulting services to major public and private sector clients.
The successful candidate must exhibit high quality technical abilities in the traffic engineering and transport planning discipline and ideally will have expertise in transport investigations, including negotiation and liaison with a range of stakeholders.
You will also have:
- A professional qualification in Engineering or Planning (or similar);
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in traffic engineering and transport planning;
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the traffic and transport discipline;
- Time management and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions relating to traffic and transport infrastructure;
- Effective presentation, technical writing and oral communication skills (essential);
- The ability to work in a team setting against tight timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients.
- Self-starter qualities with ability to think and work independently.
- Microsimulation traffic modelling skills and experience using Aimsun Next or Vissim.
- Knowledge of industry trends and opportunities in NSW.
- Client interaction, people management skills and experience.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job