Waste Management Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Waste & Resources Management
About the business
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
About the role
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Waste & Resource Management team for a Waste Management Consultant to join our growing team in Australia and New Zealand. You will be based in either our Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne office and work closely with our senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental outcomes, practical waste management solutions and advisory services to our internal and external clients.
Waste management experience as a consultant, in local government, in state government, with a waste contractor or in other positions in the waste management industry will be looked upon favourably. You will work with other waste team members and members of teams from other disciplines at SLR, and be involved in business development and delivery of key projects. Collaboration is a key principle within SLR, and you will nurture and optimise the excellent multi-discipline relationships across our global business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality waste strategy and advisory documentation such as feasibility studies, waste management plans and strategies, tenders and contracts, waste system assessments, waste facility master planning, research and reviews, data analysis and EIS chapters among others;
- Assisting in a variety of waste infrastructure projects such as landfills, waste transfer stations and energy from waste projects;
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budget;
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and project managers on projects regarding best principles and practices;
- Contributing to winning work by developing proposals, identifying and converting opportunities and developing client relationships;
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members; and
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and providing accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A professional qualification, such as a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in environmental science, environmental management or engineering or other relevant degree;
- 5-10 years' experience at a professional level in strategic waste management;
- Working knowledge of Australian and New Zealand waste legislation and policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in waste and resource management and appreciation of waste management industry trends and opportunities in Australia and New Zealand
- Good time management and prioritising skills;
- The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions;
- Good communication skills and the ability to write reports well in English and liaise confidently with clients;
- Experience in project management, commercial acumen and the ability to develop winning proposals;
- The ability to work in a team setting against tight timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients;
- A demonstrated working knowledge of current statutory requirements, procurement processes, contract standards and corporate procedures;
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job