Air Quality Support (US)
Our client required a consulting firm to assist with specialized knowledge and broad experience with federal air quality permitting, air pollution control feasibility analysis and expert level knowledge and experience with federal air pollution control requirements. In addition, the project required the consulting firm to work independently and directly with multiple department managers for the client and EPA technical managers as the project evolved from planning to execution.
Outer Continental Shelf
Oil & Gas
The project objectives evolved during the project development. The initial phase of the project identified available air quality data and options and costs for developing baseline data for the air quality impacts analysis for the permitting of the project. The second phase of the project analysed the feasibility and costs for air pollution control options, air permitting requirements and evaluated methodology options and potential air quality impacts from each drilling program approach.
The third phase of the project involved finalizing the air pollution control strategy
SLR undertook the following work:
- Performed the analysis of available air quality data and identified options and costs to acquire additional ambient and meteorological data to meet USEPA and BOEM EP application requirements
- Working with drilling and marine staff, evaluated equipment and operational parameters needed for each drilling program approach and developed emissions inventories and defined air regulatory requirements for each option
- Performed technical feasibility analyses for retrofitting of emissions controls (on both the rig and support vessels) and developed corresponding budgetary costs for consideration by management in selection of the final air permitting strategy
- Working with other consultants assisted in evaluating options for the air quality modeling dispersion methodology analyses and selection of the final approach
- Represent the client in meetings and correspondence and work directly with USEPA and BOEM staff on technical and regulatory issues related to the project
- Compiled all the application documents and data for submittal by the client to the USEPA and BOEM for review.
- Provided technical and regulatory support, as requested by the client, in addressing EPA, BOEM and public comments and questions on the application and project