Strategic Options for Growing a Business (Europe)
SLR worked with an independent oil company to define options for growing its country-focused business. It was at a crossroads and facing a choice of whether to exit the country or pursue a significant growth strategy. SLR was engaged to frame the range of growth options available to the client including both organic and acquisition-led possibilities. The SLR team developed a set of clearly defined growth options that played to the client’s strengths and which were presented to the board. SLR continues to work with the client in the execution phase of the project.
- Clarifying corporate growth goals and defining strategies and implementation plans to achieve these.
- Understanding the exploration options by evaluating yet –to-find volumes combined with an assessment of minimum economic field size for tiebacks and standalone developments in country’s key basins.
- Identification of asset-based and corporate acquisition targets that fitted both business growth criteria and offered high probability of deal success.
- Developing deal execution strategies and ongoing deal support through due diligence and negotiation.
- By offering an independent perspective, SLR helped the client to critically evaluate its business aspirations taking into account its strengths and constraints combined with the regional economic and technical environment.
- Facilitated discussions across teams to help the client define a range of growth strategies that capitalised on its skills and unique business strengths.
- Deployed a multi-disciplined SLR team to identify growth options from organic to transformational, supported by robust technical and commercial analysis.
SLR provided the client with a clear picture of the upstream market and deal opportunities with an associated range of growth strategies which leveraged the client’s skills and resources to best effect. The findings were used in board discussions to facilitate a discussion on the future of the in-country business.