Circular economy in the food and drink sector - in association with the Food and Drink Federation
Businesses are seeking a competitive market edge in fast moving markets. The circular economy offers an opportunity to grow your market share, whilst radically improving both your environmental and social impacts. However, many organisations are unsure what the circular economy means in practice, and what opportunities are best suited to their business. This webinar will introduce the circular economy and the business models. It will outline the steps that a company can take to identify, evaluate, implement and then sustain circular practices that suit their bespoke needs.
The programme consists of a 1-hour webinar, covering:
- An introduction to the circular economy:
- An introduction to the circular economy
- The principles of a circular economy
- What a circular economy looks like in practice
- Applying the circular economy across the food and drink value chain (case studies will be provided):
- Circular economy in your supply chain
- Understanding the impacts of your products
- Designing products for circular economy
- Selling a service opposed to a product
- Extending the lifespan of manufacturing assets
- Valorising wastes into new products and income streams
- Continual improvement in a circular economy:
- Market intelligence; what are others doing in this space?
- Upcoming legislation and initiatives to be aware of
Date & time
29th September 2022
1pm - 2pm (BST)
About the presenter
James Martin, Associate Consultant, SLR
James is a Circular Economy Associate with 13 years’ experience supporting public and private sector clients to adopt circular practices. James has acted as Technical Advisor across a wide range of clients. He has supported high profile organisations to identify and implement circular practices including national policies/initiatives, identification of options, implementation of new manufacturing processes, creation of new products/technologies/services and valorisation of wastes.
Who should attend?
Food and drink sector organisations, and individuals with an interest in, or responsibility for sustainability.
Registration & fees
This webinar is being run in association with the Food and Drink Federation. It is free to attend.