Associate Consultant - Transport Advisory, Australia
Office Location: Wollongong
Discipline team: Transportation Planning
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an international environmental and advisory consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist professional services consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse base of private sector, regulatory and government clients.
With the continued growth of SLR's Asia Pacific operations, an exciting opportunity exists for a Consultant to join our Asia Pacific Transport Advisory business in New South Wales. This position would be based in our fast-growing Wollongong office where we have a fantastic team that has grown from 5 to almost 20 since the start of the year. We are a motivated team who enjoy each others company and have plenty of great social activities. We are located in a beautiful spot to work at on the Innovation Campus which includes a gym, café, table tennis tables, BBQ and outdoor eating areas with access to beaches within 1km, why wouldn’t you come join us!?
Job tasks and responsibilities
As an Associate Consultant you will be required to apply a high level of commitment to our clients and provide operational support to other members of the team by both drawing on your own experience and developing and utilizing the skills and experience of other team members both in the Asia Pacific region and internationally. You will work with other senior team leaders, mentor and supervise junior staff and be involved in high level business development and delivery of key projects. Collaboration is a key principle within SLR, and you will nurture and optimize the excellent multi-discipline relationships across our global business.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate must exhibit high quality technical abilities in the traffic engineering and transport planning discipline and ideally will have expertise in transport investigations, including negotiation and liaison with a range of stakeholders. Business development would also be advantageous in your application.
You will also have:
- A professional qualification in Engineering or Planning (or similar);
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in traffic engineering and transport planning practice, knowledge of industry trends and opportunities in Australia and NSW in particular
- 5-10 years of experience in the traffic and transport discipline;
- A high level of client interaction, people management, time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions relating to traffic and transport infrastructure;
- Effective presentation, high level technical writing and oral communication skills;
- The ability to work in a team setting against tight timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients.
- Self-starter qualities with ability to think and work independently.
- Ideally some basic civil design capability or at least knowledge and experience applying relevant road design standards.
- Ideally existing client contacts that would help to grow SLR’s market share in the Transport Advisory sector.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job