Associate Grade Geotechnical Engineer, Nottingham, UK
Office Location: Nottingham
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, healthcare, life cover, travel insurance
Discipline team: Geotechnical Engineering
SLR’s busy European Geotechnical Team has enjoyed continued commercial success working across a range of industry sectors. Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing international geotechnical and mine waste engineering business. While you will be initially based in our Nottingham office, you will work with international teams in Canada, South Africa and Asia-Pacific. The role will also involve frequent travel across the UK and occasional international travel overseas.
Our geotechnical team provides specialist support for a wide range of SLR projects including mining, earthworks, renewable energy, infrastructure, water treatment facilities and many other mining and civil engineering related projects. In providing this support, SLR uses advanced numerical modelling software to evaluate saturated and unsaturated flow regimes; perform deformation analyses, stability analyses, stress and strain analyses and model complex soil-structure interaction.
The role would suit an ambitious Chartered Engineer (CEng) within a similar commercial (consultancy) environment and who is also currently seeking an opportunity to further grow and develop their career.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscriptions and employer pension contributions. Our staff enjoy flexible working conditions, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of opportunities to progress.
• Day-to-day technical planning
• Execution and review of geotechnical and/or mining projects
• Construction contract management, project delivery and cost / financial management
• Project liaison with nominated Client managers
• Preparation of fee proposals
• Business development with existing and potential new Clients,
• Graduate mentoring and team management
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Minimum honours degree (BEng/BSc/MEng) in Geotechnical / Civil / Mining Engineering or a related discipline or relevant MSc / PhD
• Chartered ICE / IOM3 membership (or higher) (or that of equivalent professional body)
• Excellent numerical analysis, geotechnical interpretation and report writing skills
• Proven experience of geotechnical design, working with current UK/EC7 design codes and regulations (eg. H&S, CAR, Quarries Regulations)
• Proven experience in day-to-day technical planning and project management of geotechnical and mining / mine waste projects and construction contract management
• Experience of graduate mentoring and team management
• Relevant work experience
• Full driving license valid in the UK
To apply for this position, please use the online application button on this page to submit a CV and covering letter.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job